Subject: [boost] [predef] A few questions
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-01 04:38:22

Hi,

I have a few questions/nitpicks regarding Boost.Predef:

- I see that all headers have extension .h. Why is it not .hpp, like
with the rest of Boost? It this intentional?
- There is a tab in predef/version_number.h. There are also tabs in tests.
- There are __SunOS_5_10, __SunOS_5_11 and similar macros defined on
Solaris, which allow to detect OS version. These are not always
available but I think SunPro defines them. Could these macros be used
to select the proper OS version?
- If I'm not mistaken, BOOST_COMP_GNUC and BOOST_COMP_MSVC will get
defined not only for the real GCC and MSVC but also for pretenders. Is
this intentional? If so, could we have special macros to detect these
particular compilers? Boost.Config defines BOOST_MSVC and BOOST_GCC
for this purpose.
- There is considerable overlap with Boost.Config. Is there any plan
to reduce the duplication? Maybe move some things from Boost.Config to
Boost.Predef?