Subject: Re: [boost] Removing old config macro and increasing compiler requirements.
From: Stephen Kelly (steveire_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-04 05:51:11

On 08/04/2013 10:57 AM, Daniel James wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Aug 2013, at 10:22 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> What do you think about increasing the compiler requirement much more,
>> as I wrote in another mail?
> I'd say no, unless you've got a very good reason. Compiler support
> should be an individual library maintainers decision.

Thanks for bringing that up. I was hoping someone would :). I've been
reading the boost mailing list for a while and I've seen similar
sentiments that each maintainer can make somewhat autonomous decisions
on things like this. That obviously does not help with forward momentum
in efforts like this, and I expect the boost community has a solution to
that problem.

Is the solution the steering committee? I ask because I'm not familiar
enough with the boost community to know already.

Thanks,

Steve.