Subject: Re: [boost] Removing old config macro and increasing compilerrequirements.
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-05 07:46:27

On Mon, 5 Aug 2013, at 01:29 PM, Sergey Cheban wrote:
> On 05.08.2013 14:33, Daniel James wrote:
>

> >> So I'm inclined to agree to whatever you want ;-) But perhaps more to
> >> the
> >> point we should be doing whatever our users want - so perhaps it would be
> >> better to open up a discussion on boost-users on which compilers we can
> >> drop
> >> and work from there.
> > I'll do that this evening.
> I don't think that many of the boost users really read the boost-users
> newsgroup. It would be nice to create a poll at the boost.org site.

I'll put a request up on the site, but I don't think a poll is
appropriate. Will probably just ask for emails from anyone using older
compilers. I'm not sure if people check the site either, but I think a
few people are subscribed to the news rss feed and a news item can be
linked to.

If anyone is feeling keen they could set something up. It might be a
good idea at some point to do a survey of boost users.