Subject: Re: [boost] Boost 1.54 build problem: --without-context not honoured?
From: Ryo IGARASHI (rigarash_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-10 22:40:21

Hi,

What I understand from this thread is that you need to specify all the
dependent library from not being build if you want to disable some
components from build.

This means that the user should know the library dependency explicitly
when compiling in order to build boost.

From the users' point of view, I think that this behavior is not
good. The build system should honor the users' explicit argument.

On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Nathan Ridge <zeratul976_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> I'm digging into a build problem and noticed that even though I specify
>> "./bjam --without-context", Boost.Context is still built! The bjam
>> configuration output states that Context is not to be built:
>>
>> Component configuration:
>>
>> - atomic : building
>> - chrono : building
>> - context : not building
>> - coroutine : building
>> - date_time : building
>> - exception : building
>>
>> But it is built nonetheless.

When I run bjam with the argument "--without-context" explicitly, I
assume that context is not built regardless of the dependency of
"context", since this is what I specify explicitly.

Of course, the warning on "coroutine", something like:
WARN: coroutine: not building (depends on context)
might be necessary.

On the other hand, if you specify like "--with-coroutine", "context"
should be built and the info about "context" being built should be in
the log.

Best regards,

--
Ryo IGARASHI, Ph.D.