Subject: [boost] How not to use auto-link?
From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-23 04:49:28

Recently, I've been using CodeLite for Windows to do my Boost work. I have it running a
MinGW-builds version of GCC 4.8 by default. I've enabled CodeLite to use Visual C++, since I
have a copy of the Express version and want to avoid missing MSVC-related errors in the future.

After telling CodeLite where MSVC and its directories are, I ran "rational_test.cpp" by itself,
which gave up a linking error for Boost.Test. The linker was looking for those fancy named
libraries that I didn't automatically make since I usually include all the source files. (And
I'm using Boost from a Subversion download instead of a fixed one.) I added the source files
from Boost.Test and #defined BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB=1 from the project options. The project-make
system was still looking for library files! (I don't recall if it was asking for the same
library file.) As I already built those files while experimenting with the documentation system,
I added that directory to the search list and everything worked.

I thought defining BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB was sufficient to disable auto-linking. What did I mess up?

Daryle W.