Subject: Re: [boost] [block_ptr] & Java
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-03 17:16:14

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 10:39 PM, Phil Bouchard <philippe_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> May I ask what is the level of understanding of block_ptr in percentage?

I don't know how "percentage" could be applied here but the following is
how I understand it:

 1. from the interface and behaviour expectations point of view, it's
exactly like shared_ptr. (is there a weak_ptr too?)
 2. however the implementation is made so that cycles are not a problem,
they are destroyed in a deterministic way;

All the rest is confuse to me so far, but then I have a quesiton:
Can block_ptr be considered as a specific implementation of shared_ptr
which allows cycles?
If yes, what are the costs for the user, compared to shared_ptr?

Joel Lamotte