Subject: [boost] smart_ptr doesn't work when built with gcc on AIX
From: Florent Guiliani (fguiliani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-03 09:06:03

Hi,

The Boost 1.54 smart_ptr atomic API code only supports the IBM xlC
compiler under AIX. The attached patch make it also support the gcc
compiler. I wanted to fill in a ticket for it on
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/newticket but for some reason the
ticket was classified as a spam by Trac. Anyone could help me here?

One issue is the _sync*() APIs doesn't work when built optimized with
GCC 4.8.0 on AIX 6.1 and 7.1 (and so the patch assume they don't work
with all versions of GCC on AIX), so the patch undefine
BOOST_SP_HAS_SYNC to prevent using those APIs.

Another issue is the builtins.h file that Boost uses is missing, because
it is installed as part of xlC. Under gcc, this patch will define
assembly versions of the 2 builtins that are used in
sp_counted_base_aix.hpp.

Hope this gets through,

--
Florent