Subject: Re: [boost] Is there any interest in a library for application : Boost.Application, new version: Boost.Application_beta_3a_release_2
From: David Hagood (david.hagood_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-21 07:46:22

That looks very interesting, but I have a couple of questions:

Why did you not make the app framework a base class that is extended by
the application? It seems to me that would allow you to enforce the API
(by making the application entry point pure virtual), make passing in
the parameters and control easier (make them members of the base class),
and potentially handle main() (base class has a list of applications to
run, application ctor registers in list, application is a static instance).

Also, it would be nice to have a getops style arg parser function, so
that you could help automate getting args and generating help messages
for command line apps.