Subject: Re: [boost] Is there interest in a Simulation library?
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-26 18:47:42

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 12:34 AM, Niall Douglas
<s_sourceforge_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> If it is this, then this is a very common design pattern in my
> testing code. I would have a suspicion that such a library wouldn't
> offer enough advantages that would cause me to replace my bespoke
> testing code with it, but if it is (a) highly multithreadable (b)
> highly scalable (iii) highly configurable, I might just be persuaded.
> I'd certainly like to learn more.

In my experience, most of these simulation implementations have to be
written in a very specific way.
Still, I would like to see how a generic simulation library could be
written by experts in the domain.
If it's useful, then some of my work might get faster to do.
If it's not, at least it would show the limits of such a generic library.