Subject: Re: [boost] [predef] missing file On MacOS 10.7.5.
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-29 17:05:47

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 1:30 AM, Tim Blechmann <tim_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > Something interesting about your output that jumps out at me is that it's
> > considerably more than the 166 lines of #defines I get on my Xcode setup.
> > And from looking at the defs it seems that your setup is including a
> bunch
> > of system headers. I.e. as if the empty.cpp file was not actually empty.
> Is
> > there something I'm missing in your setup?
>
> aj sorry ... seems that i appended an empty string to an existing file,
> my bad ...

I still see nothing that would cause OS_BSD to get defined :-( And after
some upgrades and more testing I can't repo this.. Nor do any of the OSX
testers in the Boost results reproduce the problem.

iac, this is what apple's clang gives me on a truely empty file. btw, it
> also defines __BYTE_ORDER__ without including any header.

And under usual circumstances the byte order macros are used in the
OSX/clang/gcc case.

I've tried building all the libraries that directly depend on the endian
header and they all build/work fine for me. Hence I'm still looking for
suggestions/help on what could be going on in your case.

-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything