Subject: Re: [boost] Is there interest in a Simulation library?
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-01 09:41:37

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Damian Vicino <damian.vicino_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> An oversimplified example of use:
> int main(){
> devs<parallel_engine> pdev; // the parallel devs engine
> devsmodel mod; //some model already implemented
> simulation sim(mod, pdev); //a simulation gather together a simulator
> engine and a model
> sim.runUntil(10000s); //run the first 10000 seconds of simulation.
> }

What does parallel_engine means in this context? It parallelize the
processing of a cycle?

Also, could you clarify why the interface would use time values instead of
cycle count?
Or is the time value relative to a virtual clock instead of real time?
In my experience, it is incredibly useful to not associate time with the
processing of a cycle, so that the user code can work with it in different
kind of context.