Subject: Re: [boost] [log] MSVC 9 build hangs
From: cg (chengang31_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-02 22:11:26

On 10/2/2013 8:43 PM, Tom Kent wrote:

[ ...]

>> So, apparently it is something other than the timeout (or the timeout is
>> longer than 10) because they are still failing with --timeout=10:
>>

>> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/output/teeks99-03d-win2008-64on64-boost-bin-v2-libs-log-test-attr_attribute_set-test-msvc-11-0-debug-threading-multi.html
>>

> Hang on, the timeout flag didn't showup in the run.py command line at the
> bottom, I just tried moving it further forward in the options, we'll see if
> it shows up now.

I found some recent change in Boost.Concept will cause a compilation error,
which will cause fails in several libs, including Log, Graph, etc. I'm
not sure if
it is what being discussed here.

A small script code to demo it:

// Begin test_code.cpp
#include <boost/concept_check.hpp>
#include <boost/concept/detail/concept_def.hpp>

namespace boost
{
   BOOST_concept(ReadableIterator, (Iterator))
     : boost::Assignable<Iterator>
     , boost::CopyConstructible<Iterator>
   {
   };
}

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
   return 0;
}
// End test_code.cpp

Supposed boost trunk is in c:\boost, then open a VS2012/VS2013RC command
line and run:
cl /EHsc -I c:\boost test_code.cpp

will get:
test_code.cpp(7) : error C2065: 'ReadableIterator' : undeclared identifier

The similar error will happen while compiling Log, Graph, etc.

--
cg