Subject: Re: [boost] Boost result_of maintainer
From: Daniel Walker (daniel.j.walker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-06 20:22:18

On Oct 6, 2013, at 7:14 AM, Michel Morin <mimomorin_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Sorry for not making a prompt reply.
> I was a bit busy these days.
>
> Daniel Walker wrote:
>> I have been the maintainer of boost::result_of since Doug Gregor
>> handed it over to me a few years ago, but my circumstances are changing,
>> and I'm afraid it's time for me to hand the library over to someone else.
>> Any volunteers?
>
> If it's OK for the Boost community, I will.
>
> It was you, Daniel, and Eric that taught me "contribution and
> collaboration is fun!"
> Daniel and Eric kindly accepted bug reports
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5098
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5279
> which were my first step to contribute to Boost.
> Then I gradually got involved in the open source community.
> It's been great fun to collaborate with you and
> I'm honored that my name is listed with you in <result_of_iterate.hpp>!
>
> Thank you for maintaining the library, Daniel.
> I hope you'll pop back in the ML occasionally :)

Well, I already spoke with Eric, and he has already agreed to take over as maintainer for the time being. But I'm glad you're interested in the maintainer role, and I'm sure Eric will keep you in mind. The library has benefited from your help in the past, and I know you could be a great help in the future. Thanks Michel!

- Daniel