Subject: [boost] [website][getting started] Linking to binaries
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-08 11:20:15

On 8 October 2013 15:58, Tom Kent <lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> The corresponding windows binaries for msvc-8.0, msvc-9.0, msvc-10.0, and
> msvc-11.0 in 32 & 64 bit versions are now also available from sourceforge.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost-binaries/1.55.0_beta1/

We should probably link to binaries from the website somewhere. If not
in the release notes, maybe there should be some information about
alternative downloads on the download page. Any opinions? Also for
other platforms? (e.g. debian packages).

The getting started guide used to mention the old binaries, you can
see what was removed at:

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/82893/trunk/more/getting_started/windows.rst

We could put back something like that. Especially if anyone fancies
writing it? I don't use windows much so I'm not the best person.