Subject: Re: [boost] Review wizards response and Boost reviews
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-10 18:08:10

On 10 Oct 2013 at 15:29, Edward Diener wrote:

> If I did not get any answer from Ron previously, when I asked the review
> wizards to update some information on the review schedule, why should I
> think they would reply if I offered to review a particular library ? It
> does sound to me as if they are just not responding to e-mails sent to them.

They responded to me just fine, albeit that John's email address on
the website is malformed.

I think that shortlisting the libraries shows you've done due
dilligence, especially as you need to really understand a library's
domain to review manage it. For example I would call myself competent
to review manage only these three libraries out of all those in the
queue:

 * TypeIndex
 * Countertree
 * Process

Moreover I would be absolutely useless to review manage Boost.QVM for
example. Not my field of expertise. Couldn't tell you anything useful
about what it ought to be or not.

So, try again and demonstrate you've done your homework. I'm sure
then you'll get a response.

Niall

--
Currently unemployed and looking for work.
Work Portfolio: http://careers.stackoverflow.com/nialldouglas/