Subject: Re: [boost] Removing support for old compilers
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-14 04:08:20

On 14 October 2013 07:23, Joaquin M Lopez Munoz <joaquin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Stephen Kelly <steveire <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> On 10/13/2013 02:30 PM, Joaquin M Lopez Munoz wrote:
>>
>> > Considering
>> > that authors and, particularly, users do not customarily scan
>> > Boost commits at svn.boost.org, chances are the majority of
>> > affected people won't notice until Boost 1.56.
>>
>> Ideas for improving that are welcome. Do you have any ideas? What about
>> keeping
>>
>> http://www.boost.org/users/news/old_compilers.html
>>
>> up to date with the changes/bumps?
>
> Yes, I think this is a very appropriate place to provide information
> on the progress of the initiative.

That particular page isn't, as it's a news story that will get bumped
off the front page as others are written. People who use a feed reader
probably won't see the updates. I realise the design could be clearer.
The news feature of the site hasn't been used much, so not much work
has gone into it. Probably should create a new story for further
updates. Maybe it'd be worth hacking categories into it.