Subject: Re: [boost] Improving Documentation
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-15 09:47:01

On 14/10/13 19:39, Paul A. Bristow wrote:

> [...]

Doxygen is for documenting entities of the C++ language within C++
source code.
Concepts are not entities in that language and do not appear in the
source code, and thus cannot be documented by Doxygen.

I'm not talking about referencing a concept in the documentation of a
function or class tempalte, that stuff is indeed done with Doxygen and
causes no problems
(\xmlonly<conceptname>MyConcept</conceptname>\endxmlonly, that you can
wrap in a doxygen alias if you prefer to have \conceptref{MyConcept}
instead)

I'm talking about defining the concept itself in Boostbook, which is an
XML format.
See for example the various xml files at
$BOOST_ROOT/libs/proto/doc/reference/concepts/
which generate
<http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/release/doc/html/proto/reference.html#proto.concepts>

Interestingly, as far as I can tell, only Boost.ConceptCheck and
Boost.Proto use the real Boostbook format for concepts (my own libraries
not accepted into Boost also do)

Writing those XML files by hand is indeed not great, and we could extend
Quickbook or use another tool to generate them instead.