Subject: Re: [boost] Improving Documentation
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-15 13:59:57

On 15 Oct 2013 at 18:46, Mathias Gaunard wrote:

> > New versions of Doxygen also uses clang.
>
> I'm looking at this right now.
> Looks like you need to specify CLANG_ASSISTED_PARSING to YES and then
> you can pass options with CLANG_OPTIONS.

Last time I looked doxygen wasn't using libclang in the right way
(i.e. via the json database for compile flags), and all that was
going to be ripped out and replaced with the right way of invocation.
Until that happens, I'd wait.

> It says that it makes parsing slower, but that's doubtful, since in my
> case clang compiles my stuff in seconds while Doyxgen takes several
> minutes to parse it.

clang's use of libclang is very highly optimised and tuned for
performance. doxygen's use of libclang is likely very unoptimised due
to mixing two totally different ways of AST construction without
breaking doxygen's existing parser. A lot of time will be spent doing
in place and ad hoc conversions.

Niall

--
Currently unemployed and looking for work.
Work Portfolio: http://careers.stackoverflow.com/nialldouglas/