Subject: Re: [boost] [Type_Traits] [remove_bounds]: Wrong workaround for IBMC++ compiler is applied in remove_bounds.hpp
From: Kilian Kilger (kkilger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-24 15:06:15

Hi Peter,

my version of IBM XL C++ 12.1 still has this bug. Only the z/OS version
doesn't have this bug, as I wrote.

Unfortunately I have not been able to build a recent version of Boost on
z/OS to test, which other bugs the z/OS compiler does not have. There are
simply too many other errors, even in type_traits. In the project I am
involved, we use a (very large) subset of type_traits from Boost 1.49,
which is also the last version working on Solaris. In this subset,
everything works except of remove_bounds, as I wrote. For 1.54, not
much works on z/OS. But it is difficult to test, because Boost::Build is,
of course, also broken :-). For 1.49 I converted everything to GNU make
manually.

So, as porting Boost to z/OS seems to be difficult, just ignore me. I am
perhaps stuck to port file by file to z/OS as I need it. But changing the
IBMCPP macro to the xlC macro seems to be wise, anyhow.

Best regards,
Kilian.