Subject: Re: [boost] A bike shed (any colour will do) on greener grass...
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-30 16:41:56

AMDG

On 10/30/2013 06:07 AM, Ahmed Charles wrote:

> Short of boost being forked by a group of energetic people interested in making massive changes, how exactly will it ever migrate to C++11/14 with the current ownership model where people have to contact ~100 library maintainers if they want to make changes across the entire project? If all I wanted to do was create a branch to work on C++11/14 work or anything like it, not only would it require touching ~100 git repos, I'd have to send ~100 emails and create ~100 trac tickets with patches and then manage ~100 different conversations with ~100 different people, across different countries, timezones, native languages, cultures, etc. How do you ever expect anyone to ever want to do that?

Your scenario is completely unrealistic in the
first place. No one can make these kinds of
sweeping changes in one shot without making serious
errors. It simply isn't possible to understand
all of boost at once at the level of detail
needed to make major modifications correctly.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe