Subject: Re: [boost] [math] Contribution and TODO-list implementation.
From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-31 16:21:52

> Hello. I'm russian student. My department is Applied Math. I need to make
> my magister work and I would like to relate it with Boost.Math
> development. I think this work could be something like implementation of
> tasks mentioned in TODO-list. New feature development may take a long
> time. In the best case, I would be glad to take job and reviewer for it.
> If anyone has an idea - I'm ready to take serious and big job for 1,5
> years. Thanks.

I'm still trying to catch up with my extensive list of TODOs from summer and Boost.

At any rate, ...

In addition to John's detailed responses... I've got a few ideas for Boost.Math that might be acceptable for the scope of your project. I would be interested in looking into new functions such as those related to the Lerch transcendental (Zeta, Hurwitz Zeta, Polygamma for wider argument range, etc.). In addition, there are still numerous extensions to multiprecision in association with Boost.Math that could be investigated, optimized, better tested, etc., etc., etc...

But first up, may I ask a few questions?
        * Has your project of concept been approved?
        * Do you need such approval?

        * Do you have a magister (thesis) adviser?
        * What degree are you pursuing with this thesis?
        * When would you like to begin, if this is feasible?

Sincerely, Chris.