Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] Modularizing Boost (modularization)
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-01 13:16:47

> ->type_traits is something I reluctantly accepted when I added
> make_shared, because it needs aligned storage. It brings in -> mpl -> pp,
> which I hate, but at that point it was dawning on me that striving to
> minimize dependencies in the current structure is a lost cause. I'll
> probably need to do a local copy of type_with_alignment and alignment_of
> too, but that's not going to be easy.

I can't help but wonder if type_traits could be reimplemented in C++11
without any dependencies at all (and still interoperate correctly with MPL
etc). Certainly now that compiler requirements have been bumped up, I
suspect there's a bunch of stuff in there that could be removed. Probably.
Maybe. I don't really know for sure, and I'm certainly not convinced it's
worth the effort...

John.