Subject: Re: [boost] [Conversion] Ready to turn off write access to svn?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-20 08:04:58

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Paul A. Bristow
<pbristow_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> [...]

Yes. My understanding of the conversion process is that it treats the svn
repo as a whole, including the sandbox.

> Some of us planning converting sandbox items to GIT might find it easier
> if we could use Subversion
> until we are fully GITerated?

Have you read "Moving Sandbox Libraries to GitHub"?
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ExtractSandbox

Give it a try. Remember that it is trivial to delete a repo from your
GitHub account, so you can do the conversion and play around with the
resulting GitHub repo to develop confidence. The just delete the GitHub
repo and to the conversion for real.

HTH,

--Beman