Subject: Re: [boost] Subversion repository closed for all commits on all branches
From: Andrew Hundt (athundt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-02 00:14:51

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Andrew Hundt <athundt_at_[hidden]> writes:
> > Perhaps it would make sense to switch the boost super-project from a
> forked
> > repository to a normal repository? That would remove the "forked from
> > har999y/boost" that appears on the boost super-project.
>
> > If you make a request to GitHub I believe they can make the change.
>
> We've done that several times, IIRC. I think it's a GitHub bug. But
> please feel free to make the request.

I don't believe I could make such a request unless my account (ahundt) was
a member of the "boostorg" organization on GitHub.

There is also an alternative solution where deleting the repository from
GitHub then manually re-adding it will make it appear "fresh" from the
perspective of GitHub. Of course that would have the unfortunate side
effect of the repository not existing between when it is deleted and
re-added, so it would probably require a brief announced and scheduled down
time.

http://www.quora.com/Git-revision-control/How-can-one-detach-a-forked-project-in-GitHub

Cheers!
Andrew Hundt