Subject: [boost] [Boost.Range] missing set insertion
From: John M. Dlugosz (mpbecey7gu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-02 03:25:41

Something like this works when my destination is a vector:

     boost::range::push_back (destV, some_range);

but there doesn't seem to be anything to use when the destination is a set. The obvious

     boost::range::insert (destS, some_range);

complains that I don't have enough arguments for insert.

Looking at the implementation in range/algorithm_ext/insert.hpp, it seems like an
overloaded function without the "before" argument ought to work on any container that has
a .insert(InputIt first, InputIt last ); member function, specifically including std::set
and boost::container::flat_set.

Is there some technical reason why this isn't supported? If not, I'd like to see what it
takes to get it added.

—John