Subject: [boost] Pull request sanitise run on Travis CI (Re: [git] Near future.. How do we deal with git-native libraries?)
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-02 11:20:47

On 2 December 2013 15:39, Niall Douglas <s_sourceforge_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Later on I think it very likely a script might scan all pull requests
> to ensure their commits were made using the canonical Boost
> .gitattributes, and if they weren't to refuse the pull request.

GitHub pull requests (PR) are nicely handled by Travis CI service
(https://travis-ci.org/%e2%80%8e).
Perhaps, it would make sense to set up Travis for Boost repositories as well.
Then, for every PR submitted to one of Boost repos, a Travis build is performed
and PR sanitisation script could be part of that build.

A nice feature of GitHub+Travis integration is that GitHub PR ticked
will automatically display status of corresponding Travis build,
warning about broken that particular PR is broken, so merge with caution, etc.

Best regards,

--
Mateusz  Łoskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net