Subject: Re: [boost] [util] Any interest in address_of_first_nonarray_elem ?
From: Mostafa (mostafa_working_away_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-02 17:28:32

On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 06:13:26 -0800, Piotr Wygocki <vwygos_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1) are you aware of boost::multi_array?
>
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/libs/multi_array/doc/index.html
>
> I don't now this library well but seems that multi_array gives you
> correct == operator.

Yes. Unfortunately, multi_array_ref doesn't work out of the box
"generically". That's because its ctor doesn't take an array reference,
rather it takes a data pointer and an extents data structure. So the
extents data structure has to be constructed by the user, even though for
built-in arrays that have all their extents specified this is determinable
at compile time and I think that should be the library's responsibility.

In addition I don't know if it's desirable to pull all of multi_array when
only a few utilities are needed.

Mostafa