Subject: Re: [boost] RFC: Community maintained libraries
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-04 14:11:27

On 4 December 2013 14:47, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Strawman Proposal
> -------------------------
>
> For Boost libraries where there is no library maintainer available, turn
> maintenance over to a "Community" team. Initially the team members would be
> volunteers who are already known as experienced maintainers or patch
> submitters. New volunteers for team membership would establish themselves
> by submitting patches and pull requests. At least to get things started,
> the release managers could OK requests for team membership.
>
> We might seed the list of libraries being community maintained by
> contacting some current maintainers who have not been active for years. If
> we can't even contact the maintainer, that's an indication the library is a
> candidate for community maintenance. Patch submitters who haven't gotten
> any action can request a library be added to community maintenance. At
> least to get things started, the release managers could OK requests for
> community maintenance.
>
> Comments?

Just a thought, since Boost lives at GitHub:
- "Community" team would be boost (at) lists.boost.org
- patches and contributions received as Pull Requests at GitHub
- "Community" reviews a PR at GitHub and the mailing list
- once reviewed, a PR is voted on the mailing list and either accepted
or rejected
-- if accepted, a volunteer receives task to merge PR into develop

A kind of system of micro reviews.

Best regards,

--
Mateusz  Łoskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net