Subject: Re: [boost] Pushing develop changes for a library
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-05 12:37:36

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 12:55 AM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>wrote:

I would like to push some develop changes for a Boost library for which I
> have write access using git. Do I have to notify anyone controlling the
> Boost superproject about this ?

No! You don't have to notify anyone.

Individual libraries in modular boost are much more independent that in the
old svn single repo approach.

As long as it is OK with other collaborators working on the library, you
can push, branch, merge, rename branches (except develop and master),
delete branches (except develop and master), rename files, and make all
sorts of other changes without concern about the super-project. You can do
releases of your library, too, and do so asynchronously from the
super-project release schedule.

When you do a release of your library (by pushing a change to your
library's master branch), it will automatically get picked up in the next
super-project snapshot. Daniel James is leading a discussion of that right
now.

HTH,

--Beman

PS: I'll be traveling until Monday, with limited connectivity, so may be
slow to respond to replies.