Subject: Re: [boost] [assign] Boost.Assign is incompatible with std::initializer_list
From: pfultz2 (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-05 21:40:00

> Is this a known issue? (It should repro for other platforms, although I
haven't checked.)

I dont know how much of this is a largely known issue, but this a problem on
C++11 compilers(such as gcc or clang) that I have seen when I was using
Boost.Assign on both C++11 compilers and MSVC. I always had to use
workarounds to get it work on C++11(which Boost.Assign was already a
workaround for MSVC).

> Should this conversion operator be constrained so it can't be instantiated
> for initializer_list?

Yes, ideally, the conversion operator should use default template parameters
to exclude initializer lists on compilers that support this. I dont know if
VS 2013 supports default template parameters for functions, or not.

Thanks,
Paul