Subject: Re: [boost] [git] automatic ticket closing
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-06 04:01:46

On 6 December 2013 08:53, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> [...]

One of the main feature of GitHub (BitBucket as well) is that they
wrap all the Git mechanisms
with a very friendly UI that also supports developers integrating
codebase with ticketing system
as well as basic inline code reviews.

Disclaimer: I'm not advocating switch to GitHub Issues, just pointing
out that in comparison
to GitHub, Trac feels discouraging indeed.

On the other hand, there are disintegrated infrastructure like the one
Qt folks use,
I've experienced it lately:

Gitorious (Git repository) + JIRA (bug tracker) + Gerrit (code reviews)

Qt setup feels to me like a dense forest to a bat with broken ears.

Best regards,

--
Mateusz  Łoskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net