Subject: Re: [boost] [githelp] Merging two repositories
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-10 15:10:49

On 12/10/2013 3:54 AM, Philippe Vaucher wrote:
>> cd repo1
>> git remote add otherrepo ../repo2
>> git fetch --all
>> git pull otherrepo master
>>

> I just realised that simply "git pull ../repo2 master" should work too.

It sounds like you are saying that I can just pull from the second
repository to merge the changes from the second repository into the
first repository. That sounds like the way it should work. Thanks !

> Learn about git reflog so you know how to reset bad situations, or at worse
> do some physical backup of the directories if you are unsure and give it a
> try.

OK, thanks for pointing it out. I might just buy a git book and read it,
since I am not patient enough to read everything online.

Or maybe just print out the free online git at the main git site and
then read that away from my computer.