Subject: Re: [boost] Splitting/rearranging Boost.Utility
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-11 02:00:43

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Andrey Semashev
<andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Maybe Boost.Utility should be revised as a collection of tools with
> none but the very basic dependencies, like Config and Preprocessor
> (this list is just my initial guess, it can be amended). Everything
> else could be extracted to distinct libraries.

To be more specific:

call_traits.hpp -> Boost.TypeTraits
generator_iterator.hpp -> Boost.Iterator
current_function.hpp -> Boost.Config or just leave in Boost.Utility
identity_type.hpp -> Boost.TypeTraits, not sure about this one
in_place_factory.hpp, typed_in_place_factory.hpp -> Boost.Optional
exception.hpp -> delete

Extract to new submodules:

compressed_pair.hpp -> Boost.CompressedPair
operators.hpp -> Boost.Operators
base_from_member.hpp -> Boost.BaseFromMember
result_of.hpp -> Boost.ResultOf
string_ref.hpp -> Boost.StringRef
value_init.hpp -> Boost.ValueInitialization, if it's still needed
ref.hpp -> Boost.Ref

The rest is left in Boost.Utility. If I'm not missing anything,
Boost.Utility then only depends on Boost.Config and
Boost.Preprocessor.