Subject: Re: [boost] [git] The any library does not pull cleanly because of a forced update on develop and master.
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-11 04:44:01

On 11.12.2013 13:33, Daniel James wrote:
> On 11 December 2013 07:43, Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> Just look at develop-rewritten branch in build repo - it is a
>> history-rewritten
>> version of 'develop', but no forced push is necessary - because it's another
>> branch.
>
> You're going to have to use a forced push to replace master and trunk.

Did not we decide that 'develop' branch is not gonna be referenced by superproject at all
(and the superproject/develop will link to module/master). In which case, I might not even
want to use 'develop' branch name in the first place, so I won't bother to replace it.

It all boils back to the point that we have quite a few things undecided at this point,
so expecting that from now on, it will be possible to just update to new git state
automatically is quite optimistic thinking.

- Volodya