Subject: Re: [boost] Branch names?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-12 15:09:22

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 2:42 AM, Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 10.12.2013 21:04, Beman Dawes wrote:
>
>> I've been working on Modular Boost Library Workflow Overview.
>>
>> See https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/StartModWorkflow
>>
>> In addition to the requirement for "master" and "develop"
>>

> Speaking about which, does anybody find it awkward that 'master' is
> adjective, whereas
> 'develop' is a verb? Would using 'stable' or 'unstable' be more reasonable?
> Or it's just something I don't grasp about English grammar?

I also found "master" to be somewhat awkward, but the argument for
retaining the Git Flow default names is a strong one, as it eliminates the
need to teach a new set of names to the many folks that already know Git
Flow names, and means that a lot of training and tutorial material out on
the web applies directly to Boost.

Also note that "develop" may be stable too, if that is the policy of the
individual library.

--Beman