Subject: Re: [boost] [serialization] new portable binary archive based on HDF5
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-13 17:39:59

On 13 December 2013 19:20, Daniel Koester <dk_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Dear Boost developers,
>
> I would like to share a contribution to the boost::serialization module.
> It provides an answer to the challenge of supporting portable binary
> archives by using the well-known and stable HDF5 library
> (http://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5). After first signals of interest by other
> users I have decided to fully integrate my work with the current
> boost::serialization module.

FYI, I'd be interested in such addition.

> My suggestion would be for Robert Ramey and
> other interested developers to consider the inclusion of my work in the
> official serialization code. I am not sure about the exact procedure in
> this case.

I *guess*, it may qualify for the Fast Track Review:
http://www.boost.org/community/reviews.html

> I have forked from the Git serialization archive. All supplied tests
> have passed for gcc on Linux and MSVC 10 on Windows. My work can be
> pulled from
>
> https://github.com/dk1978/serialization/tree/development

Hmm, have you updated the development branch with the upstream lately,
as well as the master in your fork?

AFAICT it is a few months behind the current upstream, the master too,
it seems impossible to generate a diff usable enough to review your additions.

Best regards,

--
Mateusz  Łoskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net