Subject: Re: [boost] Removing _1 from the global namespace (again)
From: sguazt (marco.guazzone_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-15 04:04:31

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 3:03 AM, Rich E <reakinator_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 7:58 PM, Marshall Clow <mclow.lists_at_[hidden]
> >wrote:
>

> > On Dec 14, 2013, at 3:19 PM, Alexander Lamaison <awl03_at_[hidden]>
> > wrote:

> namespace.

> nothing

+1...

But, instead of making a drastic change, why don't we make a deprecation
plan?
Say, from the next Boost release (2.0?), the official way to refer to
placeholders is boost::placeholders::_n
However, we still support ::_n for some other release, until we completely
remove it from Boost version 2.x

Best,

-- Marco