Subject: Re: [boost] Getting Started Testing with Linux virtual machine on Windows host
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-17 08:58:12

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 1:59 PM, James Sharpe <mail_at_[hidden]> wrote:

Why not create a vagrant config for this: http://www.vagrantup.com?

Very interesting! I had never heard of Vagrant.

Dave Abrahams has voiced the opinion that a test-on-demand setup moving
Boost closer to a continuous integration environment would be a lot easier
to implement if the testers were running in uniformly configured virtual
machines. While Dave's point was well taken, I was having trouble
understanding how that could be easily and cheaply implemented. It appears
Vagrant might be very helpful in attacking that problem.

I doubt I'm going to have enough time to try Vagrant any time soon, so I
think it would be great if someone else could give it a try and report back
about the experience.

Thanks,

--Beman