Subject: Re: [boost] The Community Maintenance Team proposal accepted
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-17 12:32:37

On Dec 17, 2013, at 8:00 AM, Cox, Michael <mhcox_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 6:35 AM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> The Steering Committee has voted to accept the Community Maintenance Team
>> proposal, and Marshall Clow has volunteer to act as the team's fearless
>> leader.
>>
>> See
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9897665/community-maintenance.htmlfor
>> the actual proposal.
>>
>> Change the "...htmlfor" -> "html" to get to the page:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9897665/community-maintenance.html
>
> In the document itself:
>
> Change "we no long give blanket write" -> "we no longer give blanket write"
>
> Change "have also volunteer to help" -> "have also volunteered to help"
>

> Michael
>
> P.S. I'd like to volunteer for the CMT.

Noted - thanks!

I’ll be sending out an announcement and “call for participation” in the next few days.

However, here are the priorities for the CMT that I suggested to the Steering Committee:

1. Keep things building on all the supported compilers (and as many others as possible)
2. Get the test matrix “all green” and keep it that way.
3. Fix the accumulated bugs; drive the bug count to zero, and keep it there.
4. Add new features.

and:
* Find people who are willing to maintain the libraries themselves (and are acceptable to the authors).

— Marshall