Subject: Re: [boost] develop -> master merges
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-18 08:21:41

On 18 December 2013 13:08, Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 18.12.2013 16:59, Daniel James wrote:
>>
>> On 18 December 2013 12:27, Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>>

>>> It seems that bootstrap.sh is hard to move, it should be at the top
>>> level.
>>

>> Why not:
>>
>> #!/bin/sh
>> exec submodule/booststrap_impl.sh
>

> That would create a module with two or three files in it. Putting this in
> tools/build is not really
> appropriate, and that one is meant to be independent. It seems more trouble
> than doing cherry-pick.

I don't really want to get into an argument about this, as I don't
care that much and it's a bit of a bike shed, but there are a lot of
boost specific files that could go into a submodule, such as the test
build. Maybe some of the documentation stuff as well. This submodule
could also have wider write access than the super project.