Subject: Re: [boost] [git] How the blazes are you supposed to update all the submodules?
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-22 12:30:21

On 12/22/2013 11:08 AM, Paul A. Bristow wrote:
> [...]

A number of the Tortoise Git dialogs do not give an explanation in the
help for some of the GUI options. This is sometimes supplemented in the
help by suggesting that one look at the equivalent git command which the
GUI dialog implements, but this is often a PITA if it is difficult to
map the GUI option to a particular git command line option.

TGIT is very decent and has been getting better with each release but it
is not as polished as TSVN. One can always of course drop down to the
git command line level. As I get better at git, from reading books and
documents, this becomes easier.