Subject: Re: [boost] Beginner
From: Sergey Cheban (s.cheban_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-23 14:27:49

On 23.12.2013 17:27, prabhdeep singh wrote:

> I want to start contributing to the open source community, but I do not
> where to begin.
> Your community's cause seems great!
> So I would love to start but I am absolutely clueless as to where to begin.
> I have a background in C++ and algorithmic operations.
> Any help would be appreciated!
You could start from reading the FAQ at http://www.boost.org/users/faq.html:

How can I contribute to development?
To participate in development, you need to subscribe to the Boost developers'
list. Once you've done that, some paths to contribution are:

     Submit patches for new features or bug fixes. Pick any ticket from our bug
tracking system and get started. If existing library maintainers don't already
know your work, this is a good way to become known as someone they can trust to
do good work.
     Become part of a particular library's community, and become known to the
library maintainer(s) by participating in design discussions (some libraries,
e.g. Spirit, have their own mailing lists where you'd do that).
     Come up with a library idea of your own and begin the library submission
process.

--
Sergey Cheban