Subject: Re: [boost] [git][multi_index] help merging from develop
From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-25 06:49:06

Bjørn Roald <bjorn <at> 4roald.org> writes:

> Right now it seems like the boost super
> > project develop branch points at the
> > fdd4934c234de61f8d2ba22fc3465a0ac90e11c5 commit of the multi_index
> > submodule, which is the head of multi_index's develop branch, thus there
> > are little risk involved in moving the master branch head if you like to
> > do that.
>
> is seems that was not correct, the super module points at your latest
> unsuccessful merge commit in master.
> [...]

Hi Bjørn, thanks for your guidance. At some point down the thread
the details of your preocedure begin to elude my understanding :-)
so I decided to go ahead with the diff-based suggestion by Daniel, which
conceptually is as simple as it gets.

I sincerely hope that this is just a case of a particularly inept
author (me) messing things up, but the aftertaste has left me worried.
Maybe the supporting pages need to be more idiot-proof than they
are now.

Thank you,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica Digital