Subject: Re: [boost] [quickbook] Broken link in repo.
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-26 05:58:29

On 26 December 2013 10:37, Mostafa <mostafa_working_away_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> No problem. I don't know if this is related, or if this should be the topic
> of a new thread. I'm trying to get BoostBook and QuickBook up and running,
> but am running into trouble. I've successfully run
> tools/boostbook/setup_boostbook.py from tools/boostbook/installs. I've
> successfully run build/bootstrap.sh from build so that b2.exe and bjam.exe
> were created in build. If I follow the directions at the end of
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/doc/html/quickbook/install.html, the
> following error messages:
>
> ../build/bjam.exe ./Jamfile.v2
> <snip>/tools/build/src/build/project.jam:262: in find-jamfile from module
> project
> error: Unable to load Jamfile.
> error: Could not find a Jamfile in directory '../../tools/inspect/build'.
> error: Attempted to find it with pattern '[Bb]uild.jam [Jj]amfile.v2
> [Jj]amfile [Jj]amfile.jam'.
> error: Please consult the documentation at 'http://www.boost.org'.
> [snip]

That's odd, there should be a jamfile at
'tools/inspect/build/Jamfile.v2'. Can you check it's there? Maybe
something went wrong when you were checking out the submodules.

> If on the other hand I do run bjam from the tools/build I get:
>
> ./bjam.exe ../quickbook/Jamfile.v2

The inspect error is happening because boost's Jamroot depends on it.
If you run bjam inside of build, I think it uses build's Jamroot
instead, which is why there's no error. But it also possibly means
that build isn't configured to build quickbook. I'm not sure, the
people on the build list will know more than I do.