Subject: Re: [boost] Getting Started with Modular Boost Library Maintenance
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-26 09:37:03

On 26 December 2013 12:41, Cox, Michael <mhcox_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 2:24 AM, Daniel James <daniel_at_[hidden]>wrote:
>>
>> It just updates submodules to the latest version.
>

> On what branch in the superproject to what branch in the submodules?
> develop -> master I hope?

No, until a decision is made otherwise, I'm just following what the
conversion established.

>> Merging will never
>> really work on the super project as they're updated independently. The
>>

> Why is the superproject's master branch being updated? That should occur
> only when the release managers are ready to release boost by merging the
> superproject's develop branch into master.

We haven't settled on how the superproject will be released, it might
not work that way. One possible alternative is creating a release
branch from master. For now, master acts as release did in subversion.

>> only thing that the current develop branch is good for is making up
>> for the shortcomings in our testing setup. This is one of the reasons
>> why Peter Dimov suggested changing the branches in his proposal, and I
>>

> This proposal <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/247192> or
> has it changed?

No, it hasn't.