Subject: [boost] [GIL] Pixel Layout Padding?
From: TONGARI J (tongari95_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-26 10:12:16

Hi there,

The current gil::pixel design has a deficiency that you can't specify the
align of pixel, for example, you can't have an RGBX pixel in GIL where X is
padding.

An alternative is to introduce a dummy channel for X, but that doesn't seem
to be a good idea as we don't want to mess up the color space.

So, maybe it'd be better to extend the current design, say,
pixel<ChannelValue, Layout>, to something like pixel<ChannelValue, Layout,
Align>.

Then we can specify RGBX as pixel<uint8_t, rgb_layout_t, 4>, or XRGB as
pixel<uint8_t, rgb_layout_t, -4> where minus means left justify.

Ideas?