Subject: Re: [boost] [range] Should html docs be checked in?
From: Mostafa (mostafa_working_away_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-29 23:10:00

On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 02:20:51 -0800, Daniel James <daniel_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 28 December 2013 20:21, Mostafa <mostafa_working_away_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Speaking of documentation and the final release, every time I have to
>> build
>> boost from scratch I have to scrounge third party distros for boost
>> documentation (like Ubuntu or Fedora), because it seems that there is
>> no way
>> to centralize and install the docs. If you're already building and
>> adding
>> docs to the final release, can you also add an optional install hook so
>> that
>> they may all install in one location (like share/doc/).
>
> Not really, as there's a lot of documentation that isn't built, and
> the documentation that is built often links to files in the boost
> tree, or uses images from the boost tree. So if we built the
> documentation at another destination, there would be a lot of files
> missing.

Then how are the files for the website documentation (i.e.,
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/) build? Or are those also embedded
in the boost tree? (At times I've been tempted just to wget everything
under the latter url, since the distro docs I resort to usually are
missing css and image files, sometimes the important ones.)

Thanks,

Mostafa