Subject: Re: [boost] [Filesystem] Proposal: make filesystem generic-programming friendly
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-12 11:18:11

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 12:37 PM, Alexander Lamaison <awl03_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> The impeding standard was what caused me to release the draft now. I'd
> like
> to get this into Boost.Filesystem before the standard (which is based on
> it)
> is frozen.

It is already frozen and in fact the ISO PDTS balloting closes in 8 days.
Based on early unofficial feedback, ballot resolution will mostly be
limited to typo-level changes.

See http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2013/n3803.pdf

That's the bad news. The good news is that the committee's plan is that
ISO/IEC PDTS 18822 AKA File System Technical Specification will be the
first of a series of filesystem related Technical Specifications, and the
committee's Filesystem Study Group will be actively soliciting proposals
for new filesystem related components. Your proposal could wind up hitting
the SG just when it is actively looking for new components for the next TS.

More on this later. Thanks,

--Beman