Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.Sync] no master branch?
From: Jürgen Hunold (jhunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-15 14:38:24

Hi Eric,

On Wednesday, 15. January 2014 11:21:50 Eric Niebler wrote:
> [...]

Try

git submodule foreach "git checkout master ||:"

as this will simply skip the offending submodules. The "||:" also works for
rebase etc.

> This is probably now a discussion about best practices wrt testing
> modularized boost, but I want to test my libraries against what will
> comprise the next official boost release. To me, that suggests checking
> out develop on the super-project and master on all sub-projects. Have I
> got that all wrong? I admit to being a bit of a n00b here.

Well, I would checkout "master" on the super-project (as this contains what
will be released, without "sync" in this case) and on all sub-projects. You
most probably need to run "git submodule update --init" in this case. Then
checkout "develop" on all the project that you want to compile against master.

Note: completely untested :-)

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  !
* voice: ++49 4257 300       ! Fährstraße 1