Subject: [boost] Boost candidate similar to asyncplusplus
From: Rodrigo Madera (rodrigo.madera_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-23 16:02:06

Hello,

I was wondering if there is anything similar to asyncplusplus [1] here
in Boost land.

I just found out about the library and I specially liked the task
chaining syntax [2]:

---
async::spawn([] {
    return 42;
}).then([](int result) {
    return result;
}).then([](task<int> parent) {
    std::cout << parent.get() << std::endl;
});
---
This is something I would love to see in Boost.
So I ask:
1) Are there any similar Boost candidates for task scheduling?
2) If not, is ASIO up to this with some adaptation?
I felt specially inclined to ask this here because of all the
discussion taking place over the recently reviewed Fibers library and
the fundamentals of asynchronous processing. Very interesting thoughts
being discussed there. And something more higher level (but not
necessarily IO bound) might be helpful.
Best regards,
Rodrigo Madera
[1] https://github.com/Amanieu/asyncplusplus